Goblin & Grog - Dungeon World Campaign
Cassius Songsteel (dead)
Paladin of Saladin
Name: Cassius Songsteel
Look: Glowing eyes, styled hair, worn holy symbol, fit body
Stats: 22 HP, d10 base damage
- Human: When you pray for guidance, even for a moment, and ask, “What here is evil?” the GM will tell you, honestly.
- Lay on Hands: When you touch someone, skin to skin, and pray for their well-being, roll+CHA. ✴On a 10+ you heal 1d8 damage or remove one disease. ✴On a 7–9, they are healed, but the damage or disease is transferred to you.
- Armored: You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.
- I am the Law: When you give an NPC an order based on your divine authority, roll+Cha.
✴On a 7+, they choose one:
• Do what you say
• Back away cautiously, then flee
• Attack you
✴On a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them.
✴On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.
- Quest: When you dedicate yourself to a mission through prayer and ritual cleansing, state what you set out to do:
• Slay _______, a great blight on the land
• Defend _______ from the iniquities that beset them
• Discover the truth of _______
Then choose up to two boons:
• An unwavering sense of direction to _______.
• Invulnerability to_______(e.g.,edged weapons, fire, enchantment, etc.)
• A mark of divine authority
• Senses that pierce lies
• A voice that transcends language
• A freedom from hunger, thirst, and sleep
The GM will then tell you what vow or vows is required of you to maintain your blessing:
• Honor (forbidden: cowardly tactics and tricks)
• Temperance (forbidden: gluttony in food, drink, and pleasure of the flesh)
• Piety (required: observance of daily holy services)
• Valor (forbidden: suffering an evil creature to live)
• Truth (forbidden: lies)
• Hospitality (required: comfort to those in need, no matter who they are)
- Commune: When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet communion with your deity, you:
• Lose any spells already granted to you.
• Are granted new spells of your choice whose total levels don’t
exceed your Cleric level+1, and none of which is a higher level
than your Cleric level.
• Prepare all of your rotes, which never count against your limit.
- Cast a Spell: When you unleash a spell granted to you by your deity, roll+Wis.
✴On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and your deity does not revoke the spell, so you may cast it again.
✴On a 7–9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
• You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. TheGM will tell you how.
• Your casting distances you from your deity—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you commune.
• After you cast it, the spell is revoked by your deity. You cannot cast the spell again until you commune and have it granted to you.
Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.
Alignment: Good – Endanger yourself to protect someone weaker than you.
Gear: Load = 11
- Dungeon Rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
- Scale armor (2 armor, 3 weight)
- Mark of faith (need description)
- Halberd (reach, +1 damage, two-handed, 2 weight)
- Dungeon rations (1 weight)
- Healing potion (0 weight)
- I respect the beliefs of Clarke but hope they will someday see the true way.
- Xeno is a brave soul, I have much to learn from them.
- Divine Favor: Dedicate yourself to a deity (name a new one or choose one that’s already been established). You gain the commune and cast a spell cleric moves. When you select this move, treat yourself as a cleric of level 1 for using spells. Every time you gain a level thereafter, increase your effective cleric level by 1. Taken at level 2
Has an older brother that was a paladin of Saladin that went missing. He was giving a worn holy symbol from his family, and he originally set out to find his mission brother, and still tries to keep an eye and ear out for news that could lead him to his brother.
Cassius’ brother was sent by the holy order of Saladin to accompany a band of Dwarves on a quest. From what Cassius has gathered so far, the Dwarves were reckless and unprepared for their journey. He blames them for whatever happened to his brother.
Died in battle against the goblins.