Goblin & Grog - Dungeon World Campaign
Look: Sharp eyes, pointed hat, worn robe, thin body
Stats: 19 HP, d4 base damage
- Human: Cleric spell – Magic Weapon
- Spellbook: You have mastered several spells and inscribed them in your spellbook. You start out with three first level spells in your spellbook as well as the cantrips. Whenever you gain a level, you add a new spell of your level or lower to your spellbook. You spellbook is 1 weight.
• Unseen Servant
• Magic Missile (Prodigy)
- 1st Level
• Detect Magic
• Charm Person
• Contact Spirits
- Prepare Spells: When you spend uninterrupted time (an hour or so) in quiet contemplation of your spellbook, you:
• Lose any spells you already have prepared
• Prepare new spells of your choice from your spellbook whose total levels don’t exceed your own level+1.
• Prepare your cantrips which never count against your limit.
- Cast a Spell (Int): When you release a spell you’ve prepared, roll+Int. ✴On a 10+, the spell is successfully cast and you do not forget the spell—you may cast it again later. ✴On a 7-9, the spell is cast, but choose one:
• You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot. The GM will tell you how.
• The spell disturbs the fabric of reality as it is cast—take -1 ongoing to cast a spell until the next time you Prepare Spells.
• After it is cast, the spell is forgotten. You cannot cast the spell again until you prepare spells.
Note that maintaining spells with ongoing effects will sometimes cause a penalty to your roll to cast a spell.
- Spell Defense: You may end any ongoing spell immediately and use the energy of its dissipation to deflect an oncoming attack. The spell ends and you subtract its level from the damage done to you.
- Ritual: When you draw on a place of power to create a magical effect, tell the GM what you’re trying to achieve. Ritual effects are always possible, but the GM will give you one to four of the following conditions:
• It’s going to take days/weeks/months
• First you must ____
• You’ll need help from ____
• It will require a lot of money
• The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited
• You and your allies will risk danger from ____
• You’ll have to disenchant ____ to do it
Alignment: Neutral – Discover something about a magical mystery
Gear: Load = 7
- Spellbook (1 weight)
- Dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
- Bag of books (5 uses, 2 weight)
- 3 x healing potions
- Staff (Close, 2-handed, 1 weight)
- 3 x antitoxins
- Prodigy: Choose a spell. You prepare that spell as if it were one level lower. (Magic Missile)
Orphaned as a child, taken in and taught magic by a mentor who eventually rejected him.